Friday, February 10, 2012

Peanut buttery, Chocolaty, Banana Things


So I guess this isn't really much of a recipe, but I figured I would add it anyway. Why? Because it's something you might not think to do, but its delicious, so you should try it.

I made this little dessert because I had four over-ripe bananas sitting in my fridge and I did not feel like making banana bread. Banana bread is fantastic, but after making the batter, it still takes an hour to bake. (not to mention less than an hour to eat the whole loaf)

But anyway, I had over ripe bananas, freshly ground peanut butter, and a bag of vegan chocolate chips. I sliced up the bananas (1/4 - 1/2 inch thick), put a 1 tsp blob of peanut butter on top, and drizzled melted chocolate over that. I then stuck them in the freezer so I have a pre-made frozen snack, and the bananas won't ripen any more.

If you do not want to use peanut butter you can use another kind of nut. I made some with a chunk of walnut rather than peanut butter. It was pretty awesome.

For those you who think, "I'm not going to bother with this because I don't feel like using a double boiler to melt my chocolate," don't worry. To simply melt chocolate for something like this dessert you can just melt it in a pot without using a double boiler. If you watch it and stir it around it won't burn or get funky tasting. If you are making something fancy then use the double boiler, but don't bother here if you don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment