Monday, July 23, 2012

Ginger Lime Salad Dressing

I absolutely love ginger. It's so fresh and spicy tasting, and it goes well in so many things, from stir fry, to pumpkin muffins (yes they are vegan and yes I will post a recipe soon), to candied ginger, or ginger beer (dark and stormys anyone?).

Sometimes I'll even munch on it raw.

So when my mom made a ginger salad dressing the other night, I almost melted. 

My mom is truly a salad dressing master. People always say she's wicked talented at this that or the other thing, and I agree wholeheartedly, but I think one of her greatest talents is making salad dressings. And this new ginger one was so fresh, spicy, sweet, and tangy all at the same time. So, if you like ginger, try it out and you'll see what I mean. 

Ginger Lime Salad Dressing
1 large clove of garlic
1/4 tsp salt
piece of ginger - grated and squeezed out juice = 1Tbl
3 Tbl lime juice
2 tsp agave nectar (if you don't know what this is, it kind of tastes like honey)
ground pepper
3 Tbl olive oil

mash garlic with salt. added everything else except oil. mix. add oil slowly while mixing. 


FYI: there are also a bunch of health benefits to eating ginger. I'll post about them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment