Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tabouli

Ever since I was a little kid, tabouli has always been one of my all time favorite foods. It's probably one of the biggest reasons for my eternal love of veggies and for the basis of my philosophy that everything is better with parsley. 
Quick, delicious and nutritious, it can be eaten as a snack, a side dish for a meal, a topping in a yummy wrap or anything else your heart desires. I hope you like it!

Tabouli
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch mint
half bunch scallions (about 4)
1/2 cup cracked wheat
1 lemon squeezed (about 2 tablespoons juice)
2-4 Tbs olive oil (depending on mood; if I'm indulging I use 4)
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tomato (if you do not have a fresh tomato, you can substitute this with 2-3 canned whole peeled  plum tomatoes)
salt to taste

Boil about 1 cup water and pour on cracked wheat. Let sit while you chop up the parsley, mint, and scallions. Then drain the water off the cracked wheat. I like to squeeze it, to get excess water out. Then mix everything together and you're done!

2 comments: