Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Yummy Lunch - Quinoa and Steamed Kale Salad

I just had an absolutely delicious lunch. I wish I took a picture, but I was too hungry and excited to eat it to bother...I guess that just means I'll have even more reason to make it again.

Anyways, here's what I had: quinoa topped with steamed kale, blanched green beans, fresh cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh basil, and honey mustard dressing. The kale, green beans, tomatoes, cucumber and basil all came from my garden.

UPDATE: Here's a photo of the salad when I made it again. Instead of using cherry tomatoes I used a small Black Krim tomato. Also, you can't really see the quinoa in the photo, but it's there. I used about 3/4 of a cup of quinoa in this salad, but everything else is piled high on top.
One more thing, I ate this as a full meal. The picture is of one serving. It really does have a lot of body to it because quinoa is such a great source of protein and other good stuff. But it also would work well as a side dish.
Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment